Monday, August 20, 2007

EDM #62 - Draw a previous challenge in a different medium than you usually use.



Water-soluble pencil for "something architectural" was the choice since I've only tested them to use as a wash with ink. They seem fine when used by touching a wet brush to the pencil itself to load the brush for a wash, but I found the pencil too thick and soft for me to use for drawing. Done in a small Moleskine watercolor book with watercolor pencil used for the flowers.






With my new, 5.5" x 8.5" Raffine sketch book I decided to try another "something architectural" with ink and watercolor. Note to Self: Keep away from anything with a lot of windows. I tested a page with different media. It seems fine for watercolor, ink, pencil, water-soluble pencil, and watercolor pencil, but it's rougher than I like for colored pencil.

No comments: