Saturday, June 21, 2008

More WC Practice


The first was done in my large watercolor Moleskine, and I chickened out and used a pen first. Later, after thinking I'm such a chicken, I went for straight watercolor with minimal guidelines. I then threw caution to the winds and added a little background. I must get over my fear of making a complete mess, especially with backgrounds.

The odd thing that occurred is that the alizarin crimson on the Moleskine is dull, yet the same paint on the Fabriano Aristico is bright. The other colors are about the same, and the photo does not show the alizarin crimson differences. Lukas pan watercolors. Perhaps I used too much water each time in the Moleskine.

4 comments:

Lin said...

This is really TERRIFIC, Jenny!! I really love the splashy background and the way you left the vase white -- it makes the entire sketch so bright and points right to the cone flower --- really really pretty and very well done!

Teri C said...

Both of them are so pretty and it's amazing how that background makes it even more beautiful!

Gopa said...

Love the second one. It is free, more real, somehow more alive. Thank you for this thing of beauty.

melissa said...

Quite lovely. I like the light transparent quality of the one on the right.