Monday, October 6, 2008

Oil Painting #6 - Landscape Challenge Oct. 08


The WetCanvas! October Landscape Challenge led me to try another oil painting. Most of this was discouraging and frustrating, but I need to keep trying in order to learn.

The image uploader at WetCanvas! is on the fritz. Since I could not upload my painting to the Challenge thread, I left a glowing, extremely favorable, totally untrue description of my artwork. *cough-cough* That was the most fun I had with this painting.

5"x7", canvas pad.

2 comments:

Lori from VA said...

I think you are being too hard on yourself. I can only hope to do half as good when i try to paint from the same reference photo later this month.

Teresa said...

Surely you jest? :-)

Your sky is wonderful and your color choices for the mountains, middle ground and grasses in the front are very effective. I'd say you're doing great!