Friday, June 5, 2009

Pastel #16


Yet another challenge from WetCanvas! This one is for the June Pastel Strokes.

The original photograph includes the whole boat, but I simplified things for me and cropped for a less complicated area.

Though I prefer working on white paper, I am trying colored papers. I have already used a few cream-colored papers, but I was unhappy with them because I don't like to see the paper color around the edges of the painting. This time I taped off the work area with black drafting tape, and I was not distracted by the paper color.

8"x10", Icy Blue Canson Mi-Teintes.

1 comment:

~Monsterblood~ said...

This is absolutely brilliant! The reflection on the water is simply amazing, really love how serene this drawing is. I also do pastels and love to see others work too! You might want to click on my name and check out my profile in devinatart and check out my pastels drawings. :)