Friday, December 9, 2011

Buildings 11


I forgot how to draw trees! I was never very good with trees, but my brain truly failed me here. Check out the tree on the left. It went from bad to worse, and I wouldn't stop! With ink! No erasing possible!

The buildings were free-handed in ink, then I started with the tree on the left so the remaining buildings would be behind the trees. It was horrible, and my ink pen kept going! Sanity finally came to my rescue, and I walked away. Later I returned to throw in the right-hand tree, darken the windows, and salvage what I had done behind Inktense pencils with water. Forget the rest of the buildings.

This is in a sketchbook that is for practicing drawing buildings. Someone needs a lot more practice with foliage too.

Based on various photographs.

No comments: